Tuesday, March 27, 2012

This Kid Named Kami

I had the most wonderful time taking photos of this little boy over the weekend! It was about a 45 minute session. Kami is so adorable and makes the best facial expressions.

This four shot black and white set was when he sat down at the dinner table and his mom was standing behind me saying "Aiiyeeee" to make him laugh. He was distracted because his dad had food and was giving him little bites in between too. So he had to split his time between taking photos, eating, laughing, and making faces.

For this shot I used my soft box on the right and then the window as ambient and back lighting.

This shot was lit only with my softbox on my left hand side raised to about a 45 degree angle. Again, his mom had to keep saying "Aiiyeeee" and I'm sure that as she was saying this she was making a funny face. I couldn't see her since my back was turned to her, but I can just tell.

Here is one of my favorite shots from the session. Kami's stance and expression makes me think about a tough little boy who is standing on his turf and seems like he totally owns this back yard.


It was so fun to shoot this and he really has such a great smile. I'm looking forward to having the chance to take his photos again as he grows older. It was so cute a couple days later when his mom told me that Kami said "I have a new friend named Pao! She takes photos."

1 comment:

Grayson said...

I wish I had been there. From talking to his mom, you really showed the uniqueness of him.

What a carefree kid.